The Planning & Zoning Commission Will Conduct A Work Session On November 6, 2014
at City Hall 1945 E. Jackson Rd. Second Floor, 6:00 PM
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEM:
(Links below are to PDF files for individual case reports. Due to images, some files may be quite large. For best results, "right-click" and "save target as" to your own hard drive, then open the PDF file from there.)
If you prefer a single file with the entire agenda, click here.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER: 7:00 PM
1. Consider Final Action Approval For A Final Plat For Oak Tree North, Phase 3. The Approximately 12-Acre Tract Is Located On The North Side of Trinity Mills Road Between Briar Hill Drive And President George Bush Turnpike And Is Zoned PD-196 For The (SF-7/14) Single Family Residential District. Case No. 11-14FP1 Briar Hill Retirement (Final Plat)/Winkleman & Associates. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
2. Consider Final Action Approval For A Replat For Belt Line Marsh Business Park, Phase 3. The Approximately 3-Acre Tract Is Located At 1011 And 1013 Marsh Lane And Is Zoned For The (LI) Light Industrial District. Case No. 11-14RP1 Belt Line Marsh/Pacheco Koch. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
3. Consider Final Action Approval For A Replat for Quail Creek North, Phase 5. The Approximately 2.8-Acre Tract Is Located Near The Northwest Corner Of Hebron Parkway And Medical Parkway And Is Zoned PD-125 for the (LR-2) Local Retail District. Case No. 11-14RP2 The Learning Experience. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
4. Hold A Public Hearing And Consider An Ordinance To Establish A Special Use Permit To Allow A Used Car Dealership With Special Conditions On An Approximately 1.47-Acre Tract Located At 3228 Skylane Drive Amending Accordingly The Official Zoning Map. Case No. 10-14SUP2 Dallas Auto Direct/Ed DeVol. Case Coordinator: Lorri Dennis.
5. Hold A Public Hearing And Consider An Ordinance To Establish A Special Use Permit For Used Car Sales With Special Conditions On A Tract Located At 3236 Skylane Drive Amending Accordingly The Official Zoning Map. Case No. 10-14SUP1 RUF Auto Center. Case Coordinator: Lorri Dennis.
6. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider Amending SUP-420 For A Child Day Care Center To Modify Development Standards And Amend The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. The Approximately 1.18-Acre Tract Is Located In The Vicinity Of The Northwest Corner Of Medical Parkway And E. Hebron Parkway. Case No. 11-14SUP2 The Learning Experience Child Day Care Amendment/Mahesh Gajjala. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
7. Hold A Public Hearing To Consider Establishing A Planned Development For Local Retail (LR-2) District Uses And Remove A Special Use Permit For A Day Care Center To Modify Development Standards And Amend The Official Zoning Map Accordingly. The Approximately 8-Acre Tract Is Located At 1024 W. Rosemeade Parkway. Case No. 11-14Z1 Harmony School Of Innovation Ph. 2. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
8. Hold a public hearing to consider and act on a Resolution for an Amendment to the Transportation Plan and the Transportation Plan Map to: (1) delete a planned: (a) four-lane roadway extending northeastward from College Avenue to Broadway adjacent to Hutton Branch, (b) transit collector segment situated east of Denton Drive and north of Belt Line Road, and (c) extension of Myers Street south of Francis Drive to connect to IH-35E; and, (2) change the roadway designations of: (a) College Avenue between Broadway and Luna Road, (b) an extension of Capital Drive, and (c) Vandergriff Drive between IH-35E and Myers Street. Case No. 11-14MD1 Downtown Area Transportation Plan Amendments/City of Carrollton. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
9. Hold A Public Hearing And Consider An Ordinance Amending Article V Use Of Land And Structures Of The Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance By Amending Section C. Use Matrix To Reorganize And Change Items 0600 Accessory Uses, 1100 Reserved For Future Use (Now Renamed 1100 Transportation And Warehousing), 1200 Railroad And Rapid Transit (Now Renamed 1200 Reserved For Future Use), 1300 Motor Vehicle Transportation (Now Renamed 1300 Reserved For Future Use), 1400 Aircraft Transportation (Now Renamed 1400 Reserved For Future Use), 1800 Other Transportation And Utility Services (Now Renamed 1800 Reserved For Future Use), 2400 Business Services And 2500 Repair Services, and; By Amending Article XXXIV Definitions To Delete Several Definitions. Case No 09-14ZT1 CZO Text Changes/City Of Carrollton. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
VISITORS’ COMMENTS: Hearing of any citizen/visitor on items not listed on the regular agenda. Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Planning and Zoning Commission is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. Action on the issue can only be taken at a future meeting.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND THE PUBLIC
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month as needed. If a meeting date is canceled or postponed, notice will be posted at City Hall. The Planning & Zoning Commission follows the printed agenda.
The meeting is being taped; if you have testimony, please step forward to the podium and give your name and address prior to your remarks.
On zoning cases, the Planning & Zoning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council. The Commission's recommendation will be scheduled for City Council action approximately four (4) weeks after the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting. On final plats, replats, preliminary plats, reapprovals of plats and certain miscellaneous development applications, action of the Planning & Zoning Commission is final. Please contact the Planning Department at 972-466-3040, via e-mail or visit our website if you have questions or need additional information regarding any agenda item.
This building is wheelchair accessible. For accommodations or signed interpretive services, please contact the City Secretary's office 48 hours in advance of this meeting at 972-466-3021.
City of Carrollton, 1945 E. Jackson Road, Carrollton, Texas 75006 | Tel: (972) 466-3000 | Site Map
The City of Carrollton, Texas is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Thank you for visiting the City of Carrollton, Texas website.