December 3, 2013
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 2nd Floor
CITY HALL, 1945 E. Jackson Road
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
(Links below are to PDF files for individual case reports. Due to images, some files may be quite large. For best results, "right-click" and "save target as" to your own hard drive, then open the PDF file from there.)
If you prefer a single file with the entire agenda, click here.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER: 7:00 PM
1. Consider final action approval for a Preliminary Plat for Raiford Crossing. The approximately 40.814-acre tract is located on the east side of Old Denton Road, just north of Raiford Road and north of Furneaux Creek and is zoned PD-194 for the (SF-5/12) and (SF-TH) Single-Family Residential Districts. Case No. 12-1PP1 Raiford Crossing/Arcadia Realty. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
2. Consider final action approval for a Final Plat for Quorum View, Phase 2. The approximately 4.39-acre tract is located in the vicinity of the northwest corner of Marsh Lane and Keller Springs Road and is zoned PD-182 for the (SF-TH) Single-Family Townhouse Residential District. Case No. 11-13FP1 Glen Carr House of Carrollton/RLK Engineering. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
3. Consider final action approval for a Final Plat for Crosby Trade Center. The approximately 15.5-acre tract is located at 1215 W. Crosby Road and is zoned (LI) Light Industrial District. Case No. 12-13FP1 West Crosby/Valwood Industrial Land, LP. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
4. Consider final action approval for a Technical Site Plan for a vacant building to add two drive-thru windows for a future restaurant. The approximately 0.69-acre tract is located at 3044 N. Josey Lane and is zoned PD-21 for the (LR-2) Local Retail District. Case No. 12-13TSP1 Golden Chick/Riyad Hossainy. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
5. Hold a public hearing and consider an Ordinance to Rezone to Remove a Planned Development District for a certain approximately 37.42-acre tract and Establish a New Planned Development for the (O-4) Office District with modified development standards. The subject tract is located at the northeast corner of Midway Road and International Parkway and is currently zoned PD-43 for the (HC) Heavy Commercial District with SUP 301 for automobile detailing and minor repair. Case No. 11-13Z2 Prince of Peace/Middleton & Assoc. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
6. Hold a public hearing and consider an Ordinance to Rezone to Repeal and Re-Establish PD-123 for the (LR-2) Local Retail District with modified development standards and to allow the additional uses of a self-storage/mini warehousing and a Continuing Care Retirement Community and/or an Assisted Living Facility for the Elderly; amending accordingly the Official Zoning Map. The approximately 4.5 and 4-acre tracts are located at the northeast and southeast corners, respectively, of State Highway 121 (Sam Rayburn Tollway) and Creek Valley Boulevard and is zoned PD-123 for the (LR-2) Local Retail District. Case No. 09-13Z2, Creek Valley-121 Development/Amish Gupta for AAA Investments. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
7. Hold a public hearing and consider an Ordinance to Rezone to Establish a Special Use Permit for an Amusement Arcade (excluding Adult Arcade) with special conditions; amending accordingly the Official Zoning Map. The approximately 1,575-square-foot lease space is located at 3030 North Josey Lane, Suite 111 and is currently zoned PD-21 for the (LR-2) Local Retail District with SUP 397 for an Amusement Arcade. Case No. 12-13SUP1 Discount Cigarettes Arcade/Albert Mokry. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton
8. Hold a public hearing and consider an Ordinance to Rezone to Amend SUP 229 to Change the Allowed Use from Automobile Paint & Body Shop to Automobile Equipment Rental & Leasing (site area in excess of five acres) with special conditions; amending accordingly the Official Zoning Map. The approximately 7.497-acre tract is located at 2700 North IH-35E and is currently zoned for the (FWY) Freeway District with SUP No. 229 for Automobile Paint & Body Shop. Case No. 12-13SUP2 Hertz/Architectural Construction Services. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
a. Staff Reports.
VISITORS’ COMMENTS: Hearing of any citizen/visitor on items not listed on the regular agenda. Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Planning and Zoning Commission is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. Action on the issue can only be taken at a future meeting.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND THE PUBLIC
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month as needed. If a meeting date is canceled or postponed, notice will be posted at City Hall. The Planning & Zoning Commission follows the printed agenda.
The meeting is being taped; if you have testimony, please step forward to the podium and give your name and address prior to your remarks.
On zoning cases, the Planning & Zoning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council. The Commission's recommendation will be scheduled for City Council action approximately four (4) weeks after the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting. On final plats, replats, preliminary plats, reapprovals of plats and certain miscellaneous development applications, action of the Planning & Zoning Commission is final. Please contact the Planning Department at 972-466-3040, via e-mail or visit our website if you have questions or need additional information regarding any agenda item.
This building is wheelchair accessible. For accommodations or signed interpretive services, please contact the City Secretary's office 48 hours in advance of this meeting at 972-466-3021.
City of Carrollton, 1945 E. Jackson Road, Carrollton, Texas 75006 | Tel: (972) 466-3000 | Site Map
The City of Carrollton, Texas is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Thank you for visiting the City of Carrollton, Texas website.