June 6, 2013
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 2nd Floor
CITY HALL, 1945 E. Jackson Road
TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
(Links below are to PDF files for individual case reports. Due to images, some files may be quite large. For best results, "right-click" and "save target as" to your own hard drive, then open the PDF file from there.)
If you prefer a single file with the entire agenda, click here.
DINNER AND BRIEFING SESSION: 5:45 PM: The dinner and briefing session is held in the City Council Briefing Room, behind the City Council Chambers. No public testimony will be allowed at the briefing.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER: 7:00 PM
1. MINUTES: Approval of the minutes of the May 2, 2013 meeting.
2. Consider final action approval for a Replat for HSR Plaza, Phase 2. The approximately 2.26-acre tract is located on the east side of Medical Parkway between Hebron Parkway and Amber Lane and is zoned for the (O-2) Office District. Case No. 06-13RP1 HSR Plaza/Michael Peeples, Engineers. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
3. Hold a public hearing and consider an Amendment to the Future Land Use Map to change the use designation from High Intensity Commercial uses to Multi-Family Residential uses. The approximately 3.355-acre site is located on the north side of Trinity Mills Road (State Highway 190)/President George Bush Turnpike between Carter Drive and Dickerson Parkway. Case No. 05-13MD1 Trinity Mills Place (Comp Plan)/Bush Turnpike Joint Venture. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
4. Hold a public hearing and consider an Amendment to PD-45 to change the base zoning for a tract from (LR-2) Local Retail District uses to Multi-Family Residential uses. The approximately 3.355-acre site is located on the north side of Trinity Mills Road (State Highway 190)/President George Bush Turnpike between Carter Drive and Dickerson Parkway. Case No. 05-13Z1 Trinity Mills Place (Zoning) /Bush Turnpike Joint Venture. Case Coordinator: Christopher Barton.
5. Hold a public hearing and consider approval of Text Amendments to the Comprehensive Zoning Ordinance regarding adding new provisions regulating renewable energy systems in single-family zoning districts. Case No. 01-13ZT1 Single-Family Residential District Amendments /City of Carrollton. Case Coordinator: Michael McCauley.
a. Staff Reports
VISITORS’ COMMENTS: Hearing of any citizen/visitor on items not listed on the regular agenda. Pursuant to State Open Meetings Law, the Planning and Zoning Commission is restricted in discussing or taking action on items not posted on the agenda. Action on the issue can only be taken at a future meeting.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS AND THE PUBLIC
The Planning & Zoning Commission holds regular meetings on the first Thursday of each month. Special meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month as needed. If a meeting date is canceled or postponed, notice will be posted at City Hall. The Planning & Zoning Commission follows the printed agenda.
The meeting is being taped; if you have testimony, please step forward to the podium and give your name and address prior to your remarks.
On zoning cases, the Planning & Zoning Commission makes recommendations to the City Council. The Commission's recommendation will be scheduled for City Council action approximately four (4) weeks after the Planning & Zoning Commission meeting. On final plats, replats, preliminary plats, reapprovals of plats and certain miscellaneous development applications, action of the Planning & Zoning Commission is final. Please contact the Planning Department at 972-466-3040, via e-mail or visit our website if you have questions or need additional information regarding any agenda item.
This building is wheelchair accessible. For accommodations or signed interpretive services, please contact the City Secretary's office 48 hours in advance of this meeting at 972-466-3021.
City of Carrollton, 1945 E. Jackson Road, Carrollton, Texas 75006 | Tel: (972) 466-3000 | Site Map
The City of Carrollton, Texas is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Thank you for visiting the City of Carrollton, Texas website.