Skip to page body Home About Us City Services Home & Community Business & Development Having Fun I Want to...
General Information

Re-roofing of residential structures requires a permit only when replacing roof decking. The simple tear-off and replacement of shingles does not require a permit. If decking is replaced and a contractor is used, that contractor must be registered in the City of Carrollton. All roofing materials used for residential purposes must have a minimum class C fire rating.


An inspection will be required upon completion of work.

Fees and Applications

A permit fee is required, and an application must be completed and submitted to Building Inspection at 1945 E. Jackson Rd. Building Inspection can be contacted at (972) 466-3225 for additional information.
Last updated: 1/23/2014 4:12:14 PM