Section Supervisor - Sergeant Joe Nault: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Resource Officers
The School Resource Officer (SRO) program is a partnership between the Carrollton Police Department and the Carrollton-Farmers Branch(CFBISD) and Lewisville Independent School Districts (LISD). SRO’s are full-time Carrollton Police officers assigned to all secondary schools within CFBISD and LISD. These officers also have responsibility for the elementary schools in each of these districts.
In this position, SRO’s fulfill three roles:
1. Law enforcement Officer
The primary objective of the SRO program is the reduction and prevention of crimes committed by juveniles and young adults. The goals of the program are:
1. Serve as a liaison officer to schools within the city boundaries.
2. Act as a resource with respect to delinquency prevention.
3. Provide guidance on ethical issues in a classroom setting.
4. Provide individual counseling and or/mentoring to students
5. Explain the law enforcement role in society.
6. Establish a rapport with students.
7. Establish a rapport with parents, faculty, staff, administrators, and other adults.
8. Promote a safe learning environment.
9. Enhance safety in and around schools.
10. Present a positive role model for students and adults.
11. Investigate all criminal activities that occur on school campuses.
A Brief History:
The Carrollton Police Department’s School Resource Officer (SRO) program began in 1975 with the placement of an officer in the Carrollton-Farmer’s Branch Independent School District. In 1976, Carrollton PD and CFBISD entered into their first inter-local agreement. By 1979, the SRO program was expanded to two officers. Over the years, CPD has continued to expand the SRO program to a total of five officers currently assigned to CFBISD schools to help meet the needs of the increasing student population in Carrollton.
In 1999, CPD assigned its first officer to Hebron High School to serve all school campuses within LISD. In 2008, CPD assigned its second SRO to LISD. CPD currently has seven SRO’s assigned to cover the schools within the city limits of Carrollton.
The current School Resource Officers and their assignments are:
School Resource Officer
Sgt. Joseph Nault
Officer Jason Box
Creekview High School
Officer Shanna Weissmann
Polk Middle School
Blalack Middle School
Marie Huie Elementary
Officer Cole Langston
Hebron 9th Grade Center
Creek Valley Middle School
Coyote Ridge Elementary
Hebron Valley Elementary
Officer Kevin Stiles
Hebron High School
Arbor Creek Middle School
Indian Creek Elementary
Officer Shannon Hartzell
Perry Middle School
Country Place Elementary
Officer Whitt Smith
Newman Smith High School
Officer Gregg Anderson
R.L. Turner High School
Links to school district websites:
Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD
City of Carrollton, 1945 E. Jackson Road, Carrollton, Texas 75006 | Tel: (972) 466-3000 | Site Map
The City of Carrollton, Texas is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Thank you for visiting the City of Carrollton, Texas website.