Banner permit fee: $25.00
Ground sign permit fee: $125.00
Permit fees are non-refundable.
Billboards---Conversion or Relocation application fee: $500.00
The Banner and Temporary Ground Sign Policy makes provisions for several types of banners and ground signs, which are as follows:
1) GRAND OPENING cloth/plastic banner. This banner may be displayed for a maximum of 30 days within 90 days of the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.
2) COMING SOON cloth/plastic banner or temporary ground sign. This banner or ground sign may be displayed throughout the active construction period.
3) Banner is to be removed before issuance of Certificate of Occupancy. COMING SOON banner may be displayed as a ground sign (maximum 32 square feet).
4) SPECIAL OCCASION cloth/plastic banner. This banner may be displayed for a maximum of 30 days. Four such banners are allowed per year.
5) Commercial real estate cloth/plastic banner or temporary ground sign. This banner or ground sign may be displayed for up to one year.
6) CHANGE OF BUSINESS cloth/plastic banner. This banner is to contain the new name of the business only and be placed over the old permanent sign while a new sign is being constructed. This banner may be displayed for a maximum of 90 days.
7) Permanent substitute cloth/plastic banner is a one-time only alternate to an allowed permanent sign and may be displayed for a maximum of 90 days.
8) Roadway/utility construction banner permit is valid only for the duration of construction, and shall be removed upon completion of the roadway or utility project. Banners shall be limited in copy to reference the situation, i.e., "STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS", "CONSTRUCTION ENTRANCE", etc., and cannot be used to announce sales, hiring or specials. This is not a SPECIAL OCCASION banner.
Banners are limited in height to a maximum of 30 feet on buildings.
Banners are limited to a maximum of 100 square feet in area. Decal showing expiration date shall be clearly displayed on the front of the banner.
Banners must be securely mounted to the building. Banners cannot be supported by a vertical framework erected over the roof of the building or attached to a utility or light pole.
Roadway/Utility Construction Banners shall be set back a minimum of 15 feet from street curb. Temporary ground signs must be a minimum of 25 feet from street curb.
It is unlawful to attach any sign/banner upon any vehicle, trailer, skid or similar mobile structure.
Balloons, pennants, string pennants or other floating devices anchored to the ground or to any structure are prohibited within the city of Carrollton, with the exception of a Special Event or balloon permit.
Applying for Sign or Banner Permits
A permit is required before the installation of a banner or temporary ground sign. A permit may be applied for in person at 1945 E. Jackson Road, or by mailing the application and permit fee to Building Inspection, PO Box 110535, Carrollton, TX 75011-0535. Construction banners and temporary ground signs must comply with the traffic visibility ordinance.
Sign Design Guidelines
City of Carrollton, 1945 E. Jackson Road, Carrollton, Texas 75006 | Tel: (972) 466-3000 | Site Map
The City of Carrollton, Texas is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Thank you for visiting the City of Carrollton, Texas website.